Monday, May 18, 2009

Rumbling Ramblings of a frustrated mind

I do get the monday blues every monday. I mean its so typical of me to miss my normal 9:55 local and land up in office late. I cant bring myself to get outta bed and look forward to a new day ! There is definitely no jumping out of bed and getting ready to move to office for me. A lot of it has to do with the one sole sunday weekend that I get. I work 6 days and on sundays I am busy taking care of regular chores and also catching up on my reading and my photography. Its so tiring sometimes that I always end up tired on a sunday night. But thats the only way I can do something else other than work and not turn into a dull me with all work and no play.
Today is a landmark day for me. I completed 2 years in my present organisation. Its been 2 years since I graduated from IIMK and joined corporate life. Many rejoice on completing anniversaries but I have mixed feelings regarding the same. Mainly because I havent grown the way I wanted to... my learning curve isnt as accelerated as I had hoped for .. its not even 25% of what I have hoped for. I cannot say what the next year will hold for me.. will I get enough opportunities to learn? good avenues to explore .. I am clueless. I feel lost...
I have loved my line of work.... while almost everyone in my batch took up finance or marketing I fought for my 5 subjects to graduate in this field. I like working with people, for people and this function is both dynamic and challenging specially in a country like India. The most challenging trend that I have observed in these two years is that few very few people understand HR... what HR professionals do and why do they do what they do ? Several times I have been subject to backlashes from my own people for decisions which were beyond my dept but since we were the bearers of the news and also the facilitators between the employees and the management employees are unable to distinguish between the two. Sometimes I wonder is HR supposed to wave the magic wand and everything will be set right? Is HR in our country really so empowered ? I havent seen that in my 2 year career atleast.
I hope before I retire I see that ...
My love for this line hasnt dimished one bit but yes it has been tarnished...

5 comments:

Prats said...

I know how you feel. I am about to complete my two years in two weeks. There is a lot of disorientation in me as well.

Will share on a post someday!!

Teekhi Mirchi said...

:)

Been busy lately buddy. need to catch up with ya soon...

Jack said...

TM,

Too many posts to read. Will visit tomorrow and read all before commenting.

This is my link here. Kindly visit and leave your views.

Take care Niceguy251

Jack said...

TM,

Finally read all available posts here. Hope you can keep up with one post per day as you have already lagged behind by 8. It was nice of you to thank God for all what you have had. Women though known as weaker sex are in fact much stronger and capable of doing many thinghs men can not. That is why a woman has to juggle her time to see all that needs her attention gets it. Be it family or career or hobby. She is a wizard. Read my post Strength of a family here, if you find time. Nice that you learnt something new which makes you happy. HR is one of the most important aspects of any corporate but is not given its due unfortunately. Just remember you have to know each individual as an individual and not a mob. Each one has different needs, thinking and way to do things, so you need to treat each as per that.

Looking for your views in my space.

Take care

Jack said...

T M ,

Hope all is fine. No post for so long?

Take care