Saturday, May 16, 2009

Love thyself..

I didnt post yesterday. Am not keeping in good health lately. Stupid weather and some stress issues.. Am losing hair too !!!!! Nevermind, I do want to continue with the blog marathon at National blog Posting Month http://nablopomo.ning.com/. So i am making two post entries for today just so that I can make up for the missed one yesterday.
Had a very nice half and hour chit chat with one of my photogs pal. Lovely woman and such a lovely photographer. We got talking on how she aint able to give to much time to photography cause she has to give attention to her family and somewhere the balance is tilted at one end. While talking we realised that for a woman , the balance is always tilted towards the family first and all other aspirations come next. We have always felt the need to compromise for love, family and many a times the compromises are forced on us. Yes I do admit a lot of such compromises are of choice so I cannot just write its the evil family members pushing them to make the choices :D Am so glad about the way my photog friend has maintained herself.. she is one damn gorgeous lady and I love the fact that she still looks and tries to live the way she did before she got married.
When I look at the set of woman friends I have and the changes their lives have gone through post their marriage I wonder why do they start living a stereotype life of a married woman once the red vermillion is smeared on their forehead. Sadly most of them look so behenji types and have started putting on weight ! I know I am no one to start talking on weight issues but these were real gorgeous woman who have let themselves go... sad but I think if i get married tomorrow I would not stop taking care of myself the way I do today .. if not better but atleast I wont do anything worse ( am already in the pits anyway so cant fall further ;)) Is married life such a busy phase of your life that you dont have the time nor do you feel the need to make a trip to the parlour ? Or you have so drowned urself in those B grade pati parmeshwar movies that the next avataar that you would take up will be of the eternal sacrificial mother- Nirupa Roy..
Of course life changes once one is hitched to someone but I dont think the changes are so radical that one forgets a few essential basics ....where is the love for oneself here?
Self love is so much the best love and it took a very hard fall to realise. I dont know about what most women think but franky I am tired of putting the needs of someone else before mine. I think everything around me, every action by me should be driven by a need to keep me happy and appease my needs.

Not giving up things that i love for someone else, not moulding myself to the way someone else wants me to, no taking care of a second persons needs and keeping myself unhappy and hungry ..
Life in my terms sounds so cliche'd but thats the only way to go...

being a strong believer in "what goes round comes back" its best that I do good for myself ... in the end I get the returns to :P
A win-win !! Of course !

5 comments:

Phoenixritu said...

Sad but true ... and we dont have any one else to blame for the letting go either.

Funnily enough, many divorced and widowed women I have spoken to do not want remarriage on the grounds that "We have paid our dues once"

Teekhi Mirchi said...

Ya and a lot of divorced men too feel the same way :). but frankly speaking if I let a bad experience ruin my chances of something beautiful then i would perhaps be the biggest fool on earth..

its all about not letting go of who u r when u r in a relationship.. be it marriage or otherwise..
i have learnt it the hard way to keep myself ahead of anything .. i wish a lot of men/women do wake up to this fact that you can do only so much for the other person... but by loving yourself you can do so much more to both :)..

Prats said...

Don't you think you are being too serious and worked out. Just relax and take things one at a time.

That was it... said...

:) :) I am glad the conversation made you think so much. Just be at that - Loving thyself! Cheers. Mon.

Teekhi Mirchi said...

hugs gorgeous... :)